I apologize in advance for not having a picture for this post. You will just have to imagine in your mind’s eye what our refrigerator looked like a few days ago (Hank, did you get a picture?), because it is too late now. We have eaten too much of it.
Here is what we got:
- 2 heads of bok choy (Which are being eaten tonight with our tofu and asian greens with peanut sauce.)
- 1 bunch of kale (1/2 of which was put into the pesto that we made for last night’s grilled cheese sammies.)
- 1 bunch tarragon (All of which was added to the pesto for the sammies mentioned above.)
- 1 bunch swiss chard (Sauteed as a side with last night’s sammies.)
- 10 scapes (1/2 of which have been consumed between sauteing with the swiss chard and the pesto).
- 2 heads of lettuce (We made huge salads for dinner on Tuesday night..mixing bowl size huge…and small salads for lunch today. We have about 1 portion left.)
- 1 bag of spinach (some of which was used on the sammies)
- 1 bunch escarole that we will be braising probably tomorrow night.
So, after two nights of eating we have put a pretty big dent in the CSA share for this week.